You won't find me on any social media platforms. Here's why:
- I want to shape and control my content.
- Companies supported by advertising, like all social media companies, are incentivized to keep you looking at their site instead of providing you with content while respecting your time.
- This is a cliché, but if you're not paying for it, you're the product.
- Social media companies sell your information to data brokers who know you're pregnant before you're family does.
- The internet works best when the applications that run on it are peer-to-peer, federated and open. No popular social media platform is any of those things.